emsyvanwyck21

Sandpiper Island
Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends, #1.5)

Bound by Wish and Mistletoe (Highland Legends, #1.5) - Kat Bastion (I received a copy of the book from NetGalley for a fair and honest review.) Four swords up for Kat Bastion's holiday novella, Bound by Wish and Mistletoe. I love time travel romance novels - and if they're set in Scotland - wow! Kilts, sassy 20th Century heroines (or heroes) who travel forward or backward in time. So I was sold on Kat Bastion's first novel, [b:Forged in Dreams and Magick|18049965|Forged in Dreams and Magick (Highland Legends, #1)|Kat Bastion|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1373344752s/18049965.jpg|25332694], from her Highland Legends series the moment I saw the description. Then I have to say that mid-way through the novel as Isa or Isobel finds her second soul mate in a Pict warlord, I began to find my mind wandering. I felt like there was almost too much going on.

So when I received her second entry to the series for review I was hesitant, yet hopeful and yes, I LOVED it! Bound by Wish and Mistletoe is, to my mind, a perfect entry in the historical / paranormal fiction genre and has quite a bit to offer. There's really no time travel here, but there is an appearing and disappearing castle, some very, very hunky alpha heroes in kilts, and an appealing heroine, and a mysterious angel.

As this novella was essentially half the length of the first book (but still at what I feel is a solid novel length for another writer), this is a very satisfying read. I enjoyed it tremendously and that said will probably go back to re-read Bastion's first book sometime soon.

Enjoy this holiday novella and see a very special Christmas in the Scottish Highlands. Four swords up for Kat Bastion's Bound by Wish and Mistletoe!

Fab Fantasy Fiction