emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

All Fired Up

All Fired Up - Kate Meader [I received a copy of All Fired Up from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.] Sweet, spicy, steamy romance is served up in Kate Meader's Hot in the Kitchen series. I love cooking and truly enjoy reading cookbooks, chef biographies, and tend to seek out novels that feature kitchen time. So I very much savored the day I spent reading Kate Meader's first two entries in her Hot in the Kitchen series. She serves up some very generous quantities of steamy romance in this contemporary romance series set in Chicago that features some hot chefs, with intriquing accents, and two very sexy Italian-American sisters.

I haven't read any of Meader's books before and wasn't familiar with this series until I received book two, All Fired Up, from the publisher (Forever / Grand Central Publishing) to review. After reading the first few pages, I made an executive decision and purhased the first book, Feel the Heat, so I could read this series sequentially. I'm so glad I did. See [b:Feel the Heat|6275433|Feel the Heat (Black Ops, #4)|Cindy Gerard|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1343272399s/6275433.jpg|6458790]'s entry for its review.

All Fired Up, the second book to be released November 5, picks up with the story of Lili's sister Cara, the perfectionist television producer now special event planner, and Shane Doyle, the Irish pastry chef we saw hired for Jack's New York City restaurant in book one.

Cara is the extreme opposite of Lili, very precise, ordered, and needing to always be in control. In addition, she's a size six to Lili's fourteen, but seemingly just "perfect." What's below the surface is what's interesting. And I have to say I was a little hesitant about Cara as the focus of this book as she didn't seem to endearing in the first book. Well...there's more there than we could see.

After a Las Vegas bachelor/bachelorette party that leads to Cara and Shane's marriage on a four hour acquaintance, we see them return to Chicago and begin to get to know each other. And while their passion runs hot, that's not the primary focus. Really getting to know one another is. While Cara might have said Shane was "too nice" for her, he definitely can hold his own with that brilliant brogue.

To see these two damaged people grow together and learn to trust one another is a engrossing and touching story. I'm not going to reveal the plot points, but I do wish that I had a slice of Bella Donna cake tonight!

Meader's books are absolutely fabulous to read and impossible to put down. Her characters come to life on the page and at points in time, I swear I smelled some red sauce cooking on the stove. She has a very precious gift to be able to convey the emotions and inner psyches of her characters from the page to our hearts.

If you love romance, have a thing for hot chefs, enjoy humor-laced writing, and love to see heros and heroines evolve these are two books you should not hesitate to pick up from your bricks and morter store or download to your e-reader. I highly, highly recommend Kate Meader's Hot in the Kitchen series and am definitely looking out for book three, Hot and Bothered.

Fab Fantasy Fiction