emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Serafina and the Silent Vampire

Serafina and the Silent Vampire - Marie Treanor Marie Treanor's Serafina and the Silent Vampire is a sexy, fun, suspenseful, and HOT five star read. What is the perfect Halloween read? Marie Treanor's Serafina's series without a doubt. Set in modern day Scotland and populated by psychics, witches, vampires, zombies, faeries, leprechauns, ghosts, ghosts, rockers (some of the scariest of the bunch), and more, this a fabulous series that is filled with a bit of mystery, suspense, the supernatural, humor, and a lot of hot, sexy romance. In fact, this is the perfect read for any paranormal romance fan, and I'd extend that to romance fans with a thing for sexy hunks in Scottish kilts and lovers of Scottish brogues.

The first book of the series, Serafina and the Silent Vampire, introduces us to psychic and medium Serafina, and her assistants Jilly and Jack. Her agency, Serafina's (for which the series is named), investigates the paranormal, sometimes exposing fraud, sometimes helping move spirits on, and sometimes, well, let's just say you shouldn't try to fool Sera as she might just take you for a ride.

While at a party in an upperclass Edinburgh home, we first encounter Sera, Jilly, and Jack hanging garlic and trying to protect against vampires that they don't believe in, but their client thinks may be stalking him. Soon Sera finds herself encountering a real-life vampire who is sucking a little life-blood from an associate and bodyguard, Tank. No one but Sera seems to hear the amazingly handsome, sexy Blair, dressed only in a tartan - with a very sexy bare chest.

Soon it becomes apparent that in Treanor's world vampires descended from the "Old One" are silent for reasons revealed in this book. As Sera can communicate with the dead and is a strong psychic perhaps that's the link between her and Blair. But there's a little more and their romance scenes are HOT.

When you begin this book, be prepared for a fast-paced and amazing ride as Treanor throws plot twists and characters in fast and furiously, making this a fascinating story. I loved it and fell a bit in love with Blair myself. Who could resist? Tall, dark, handsome, brooding, and ... silent… Sera is fabulous too - smart, inventive, sassy, with a heart of gold under a hard shell, and a powerful faith in good that's tested time and again. The only thing I wished for was to learn more about her associates and my wishes were granted in the next two books in the series.

Fab Fantasy Fiction

I received a digital galley from the publisher through NetGalley for use in this review.