emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

The Entity Who Came for Christmas: A Holiday Novella

The Entity Who Came for Christmas: A Holiday Novella - Cat Devon Five tree-top stars for The Entity Who Came for Christmas by Cat Devon, perfect paranormal fun for the holiday season

I gave myself a treat yesterday and re-read book one of Cat Devon's Entity series (Sleeping With The Entity), then read for the first time books two (The Entity Within), and the new holiday novella, The Entity Who Came for Christmas, that I just received from the publisher for review. I had forgotten how much I really enjoyed Devon's fun and irreverent take on vampires, who just happen to live in a section of Chicago called "Vamptown." (It doesn't hurt that the vampire heroes are series hunks, just ogle those book jacket covers.)

Long isolated from humans, the vamps have been falling for, you got it, humans, or part humans since book one in the series. First Daniella, a half-druid human (sister of the owners of Vamptown's only funeral home, more about that place in the books) caused Nick, the leader of Vamptown to swoon; then Zoe a witch from Boston, caused demon hunter Damon to reconsider his priorities; and now, in this holiday novella, a witch friend of Zoe has come to Vamptown along with the Vampire sire of Damon.

Of course, from the moment Pru (the witch) almost slams the door in Simon's face (the visiting vampire demon hunter), we know they must have a history. Soon we find out that they did hook up in London, but since then Simon's been suffering under a curse laid by Pru, because… Well, you just need to pick up the book to find out as I won't reveal any more plot points, except to say that Simon is a very old Vampire from the court of King Arthur, while Pru is the descendent of Morgan LeFey.

Their adventures as they search through Chicago for a very famous relic from Arthur are absolutely hilarious. This is a fun, fast-paced read and I absolutely loved it.

I highly recommend, if you haven't already, that you have your own copy of Cat Devon's fabulous series. Her heroines are really spunky, funny, and if someone doesn't do something with that Tanning Salon vamp, well anyway … I guess I just have to wait till January (or December 31 according to Amazon) when the third book in the series, Love Your Entity, will be released. A bonus chapter from it is included at the end of The Entity Who Came for Christmas.

If we all believed in the wonder of Christmas, in true love, and magic, I think we would be far happier. And if that was Devon's message, she certainly reached me! Five tree-top stars for this fabulously fun paranormal holiday read.

Fab Fantasy Fiction

I received an eARC from the publisher through NetGalley for use in this review.