emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Have Yourself a Curvy Little Christmas: A Perfect Fit Holiday Novella

Have Yourself a Curvy Little Christmas: A Perfect Fit  Holiday Novella - Sugar Jamison Five tree top stars for Sugar Jamison's Have Yourself a Curvy Little Christmas, a poignant, hilarious, romantic, and sexy holiday novella

If you really enjoy a book that's filled with warmth, laughter, romance, and heroines that won't quit, then Sugar Jamison is the author for you. I fell in love with her A Perfect Fit series from the moment that I began reading the first book, Dangerous Curves Ahead. So I was really happy to note that among the many authors offering special books for the holidays, she too had a new A Perfect Fit installment for her readers, Have Yourself a Curvy Little Christmas: A Perfect Fit Holiday Novella. I recently received a copy from her publisher and just have to say to you all right upfront, you should be downloading these books to your e-readers immediately as they are that good.

In Have Yourself a Curvy Little Christmas, the story picks up a year after the last chapter of Dangerous Curves Ahead. Ellis' sister Dina (who was the one I think everyone loved to hate) is now a single mom who's travelled cross country via bus to track down the wealthy father of her son. She's not looking for anything beyond social security benefits, so right there we know that this gal has changed.

In addition, the former stick thin dancer now has some curves herself post pregnancy - and seems rather happy with her body. So, former detractors you need to take a real look at Dina, because she's a rather fabulous work-in-progress.

Jamison's novels are laugh-out-loud funny yet at the same time incredibly poignant as they do offer plus size girls realistic heroines, who not only struggle with their body self-perceptions, but also acceptance in society. I totally bonded in the first book with Ellis, but have to say that Dina struck a real chord with me as well. This former wild-child has to go against everyone's preconceptions, including her ex's brother Ben, whom she's attracted to. Not for her figure, but for her ability to remain steady and be a good mother.

I won't spoil the story, but just advise that if you want a funny, heart-warming, romantic, and yes, sexy holiday read - this is the book for you. It could be a stand-alone novella, but once you've read one of Jamison's books, you'll want to read them all. So I'd recommend buying both and having yourself A Perfect Fit all-night read party.

The next book in the series, Thrown for a Curve: A Perfect Fit Novel, is scheduled to be released in February. I'll be marking my calendar and bet you will too. So five stars for this fabulous holiday read from Sugar Jamison.

Fab Fantasy Fiction

I received an eARC from the publisher through NetGalley for use in this review.