emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Simple Gone South

Simple Gone South - Alicia Hunter Pace Alicia Hunter Pace's Simple Gone South is a five star standout!

There's something about romances set in the south that just draw me in. I find my brisk northern mind slowing down as I read along dreaming of sweet tea, honeysuckle, and southern drawls. One series that I discovered recently is Alicia Hunter Pace's Gone South - and I love it! Book three, Simple Gone South was just released and is simply a fabulous entry in the contemporary romance category.

I was fascinated by the character of Lucy and her quick exit from parties and events when playboy Bradley was to appear in Sweet Gone South (book 1); Scrimmage Gone South (book 2); and "Slugger Gone South" in Take Me Out (book 2.5) - and figured there was an interesting backstory. Simple Gone South (book 3) offers that story and more in a really touching and sensitive love story that made me pull out the box of Kleenexes to have on hand.

It's perfect time of year to read this as the story occurs in the fall and early winter (i.e. Thanksgiving and Christmas play a role). But I would suggest reading the previous three entries in the series (see above) as the characters interrelate and the stories are just so beautiful.

In Simple Gone South we discover that player Bradley has some hidden depths that guard emotional trauma, while Lucy needs to learn to trust in love and friendship. I really liked both of them and had fun with the description of their careers (restoration architect and interior designer). Their friends who feature prominently in the previous stories play a strong role here as well and the warm southern hospitality will melt the winter cold away…

There's a refreshingly innocent quality about this series that engages the reader along with humor, romance, and touching (and sometimes quite heated) love scenes. I do hope you'll add this to your must-read shelf as I have and enjoy a little southern comfort along the way.

Fab Fantasy Fiction: http://www.fabfantasyfiction.com/2013/12/alicia-hunter-paces-simple-gone-south.html