emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Tempting His Mate

Tempting His Mate - Savannah Stuart Tempting His Mate is a HOT and thrilling shifter romance by Savannah Stuart (aka Katie Reus)

Tempting His Mate is the third book in the Crescent Moon paranormal romance series by Katie Reus, writing as Savannah Stuart. I hadn't read this series, so was delighted for the excuse to do so when the publisher shared a copy of Tempting His Mate with me for review. Let me say this is one HOT werewolf / shifter romance series that I think you'll enjoy.

Each book in the series - Taming the Alpha (book 1), Claiming His Mate (book 2), and Tempting His Mate (book 3) - is novella length (under 90 pages), so the series as a whole is a fairly quick read. But that's not to say that you won't be engrossed for several hours in this world of southern werewolves that Stuart (i.e. Reus) has created.

It's a very, very sexy series and Tempting His Mate is no exception. Ella, a jaguar shifter cousin to Lauren from book two, is on her way to her cousin's new wolf pack to take over accounting duties for the alpha. She's running from her jaguar pride as her ex- mated and married her younger sister. Totally out of character at a seedy shifter bar she hooks up with and has a one night were-stand with the very sexy and lone wolf shifter, Asher.

In this were-world cross-species matings don't really occur (with Lauren and Max an obvious exception), so Ella puts the hot and steamy encounter out of her mind and continues to Gulf Shores, Alabama to start her new life. Of course one of the first shifters she encounters is Max's cousin, Asher. (Yes, that Asher.) Who has taken the job of head of security at the same hotel where she'll be in charge of finances.

They both try to back pedal on their attraction, but you know there's something there. In addition to the hot, steamy romance, Stuart adds in mysterious break-ins and threats to Ella that weave throughout the story.

Each of these three books in the series are serious page-turners and definitely hold the reader's interest. Whether Reus is writing as Savannah Stuart or under her own name, she's definitely an author to keep on your bookshelf. So I definitely recommend both Tempting His Mate (which can be read as a stand-alone, but it won't be as much fun) as well as the entire Crescent Moon series. If you enjoy HOT shifter romances with a strong undercurrent of suspense, you'll LOVE this series too.

Fab Fantasy Fiction

I received an eARC from the publisher through NetGalley for use in this review.