emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

The Silver Crescent

The Silver Crescent - Debby Grahl Review: The Silver Crescent by Debby Grahl is four stars fun, romance, and trickery.

If you’re looking for a fun, lighthearted read, The Silver Crescent by Debby Grahl is the book for you. Opening with a scene of betrayal and murder from the late 1800s, soon Elise, the great-great-great grandniece of one of those killed, and Max, the owner of the Victorian home where the killing took place, are on a treasure hunt to find missing silver. How Elise and Max found themselves in this small town a half an hour from Ann Arbor? Well that's another story! In addition to the treasure, they might find some romance too - and they do have a few fun sidekicks to lighten the mood anytime it gets too heavy. Oh, and did I mention the ghosts?!

Yes, even with the murder this is a sweet, fun book and the first that I’ve read by author Debby Grahl. If at times, I wanted to shake Max, I know that my reaction was not out of place as both Elise and Kathy did too. I have a feeling he will go through life oblivious to the actions of others, which is okay as long as he listens to wise counsel. But what man does?!

The ghosts were wonderfully fun, even the bad’un and Debby Grahl kept the pages turning with a wonderfully paced novel. In some ways, I felt like it was a grown up Nancy Drew novel, which is a perfect read for someone like me who was addicted to those stories. However, Nancy never had the HOT romantic encounters that Grahl depicts, so don’t expect this story to be tame.

There’s romance, intrigue, ghosts, hidden treasure, and fun secondary characters. Just a perfect light read for a cold winter’s night. I’m looking forward to reading more from this author and hope that some of her future stories will be set in the Low Country where she resides.

The Silver Crescent by Debby Grahl is four stars of fun, romance, and trickery.

Fab Fantasy Fiction

I received an eARC from the publisher through NetGalley for use in this review.