emsyvanwyck21

Sandpiper Island
Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Haunting Blackie: 8 (Cyborg Seduction)

Haunting Blackie: 8 (Cyborg Seduction) - Laurann Dohner Review: Haunting Blackie by Laurann Dohner is a five star, fast-paced, fun, and steamy read!

Laurann Dohner’s New Species series is an amazing read and a year or so ago, I decided to try some of her other books. I quickly became hooked on her Cyborg Seduction series about the race of Cyborgs who escaped from their earth creators / captors and made a new home on Garden.

Each of the books features a different Cyborg (and, in full disclosure, sometimes two). The Cyborgs are usually not only highly sexed, but very Alpha males. Their introduction to human (i.e. Earth women) was not an easy one, but now by the eighth book, an obviously successful one.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention, was that there are very few female Cyborgs and the ones who do exist, aren’t terribly nice (though there are some exceptions to that rule). Instead of one to one pairings, the Cyborgs have to live (by law) in family units (usually two to three male to one female Cyborg, who holds all the cards). Not surprising then that when these Cyborgs were introduced to Earth women that their hearts (and other parts) went ping.

HAUNTING BLACKIE, book eight in the series, tells the story of Blackie, a Cyborg who’s toed the ruling Council line, even to terrorizing some of the human mates chosen by his fellow Cyborgs without questions. But what is his back story? Laurann Dohner weaves a compelling tale and soon we’re all rooting for Blackie, whose heart might not be quite as dark as it appeared.

When Blackie and his fellow Cyborg rescue Eve and her sister they discover not only another race they didn’t know existed (the canine one), but also a cover-up that resonated to the highest level of the Council.

Along the way there is some HOT and steamy Cyborg sex, but that’s not the big draw for me here. Instead it’s seeing that hardhearted and cold Cyborg, Blackie, encounter the woman who’s haunted his dreams (and he hers). Their story is a keeper. But as I mentioned there’s a cover-up and all is not smooth sailing.

Whether or not there is a HEA for Eve and Blackie, I’m not going to say. You’ll just have to read the book to find out. Please note that while this could be a stand-alone title, this is a series that really, really should be read in order.

Awarding five stars to HAUNTING BLACKIE by Laurann Dohner, a fast-paced, fun, and steamy read!