emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Some Kind of Wonderful: A Holiday Novella

Some Kind of Wonderful: A Holiday Novella - Beth Ciotta [I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.] Rating of five cupcakes for Beth Ciotta's Some Kind of Wonderful, a contemporary romance must read. A very good friend, whom I trust implicitly when it comes to book recommendations, told me I had to read Beth Ciotta's Cupcake Lovers novels as I'd fall in love with her writing and the town of Sugar Creek, Vermont. Well, when I heard that, I quickly started to devour the novels - and just like cupcakes, they're delicious, addictive, and absolutely perfect.

First of all, may I say if you haven't already, please, please get start reading the series as this is a fun, romantic, sexy, touching, and all together pleasurable romp. Ciotta is a master at making you laugh while you read, while at the same time you absolutely need to make sure that the Kleenex box is close at hand as tears sometimes fall.

Some Kind of Wonderful is a beautiful holiday novella. With the aim of the Cupcake Lovers club to support serviceman, it's only fitting that this story focuses on former Marine Scout Sniper Zachary Cole and Orlando-based cupcake baker Maya Templeton. Best friends from their Sugar Creek childhood, Maya's taken a Cyrano role in Zachary's love life after her business partner and very sexy friend, Giselle, took one look at his photo and fell into lust. While Giselle's photos definitely sparked Zach's interest; his very hot letters were reciprocated by his platonic best friend Maya, not Giselle. But May is the one who now stands on the outside looking in as Giselle and Zach meet at a Cupcake Lovers Christmas party in Sugar Creek.

But all is not lost as best friends sometimes, with a little Christmas magic, might evolve into something more. In fact, Ciotta channels a little Charles Dicken's with some holiday visitors to Zach to smooth the way. The way in which Ciotta lets us see who Zach and Maya are, what their fears are, and what their hopes and dreams are is beautiful. That she sprinkles a little holiday magic along the way - just perfect. Again, five cupcakes, perhaps decorated with some candy canes.

Cupcake Lovers is a series that combines an innocence of heart with some very steamy romance - as well as a zany crew of characters that you will fall in love with. I've already marked my calendar for the 1 July 2014 release date of In the Mood for Love, where we will find out what happens with Harper Day and Sam McCloud, who will now have the leading roles in the series.

Fab Fantasy Fiction