emsyvanwyck21

Sandpiper Island
Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Up to the Challenge (An Anchor Island Novel)

Up to the Challenge (An Anchor Island Novel) - Terri Osburn Five stars for Terri Osburn's Anchor Island novels. Osburn's second book in the Anchor Island series, Up to the Challenge, focuses on lawyer Lucas Dempsey, who returns to Anchor Island about six weeks after the conclusion of Meant to Be. I don't want to give any spoilers away, however you can see by the description below that this book is focused on Sid and Lucas helps his family with their restaurant while his father recovers from a heart attack.

We know that Sid has had a crush on Lucas since high school, but could this be her time to have him discover her too? I loved Sid in Meant to Be as she was totally upfront and in-your-face, but in a good way. You know, that rough exterior with a heart of gold. But apparently Sid's exterior might be desired by Hef for some photo ops and soon, it seems, but Lucas as well.

Can Lucas find happiness on Anchor Island or will his desires for success lead him away? Can Sid learn to trust her heart and find her place on island?

Once again Osburn has written a beautiful and touching story. I love the fact that her characters are not anywhere near perfect, but evolve with each other in growth and love. The family Dempsey is wonderful and finding out more about Sid's brother and Will - well, I can only hope that book three, [b:Home to Stay|8596|Talk to the Hand The Utter Bloody Rudeness of the World Today, or Six Good Reasons to Stay Home and Bolt the Door|Lynne Truss|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1309210876s/8596.jpg|2881] (to be published in 2014), will explore that relationship in more depth.

So to recap, five stars for Terri Osburn's Anchor Island series. It's going on my must-read shelf of Island romances along with Marie Force's McCarthy's of Gansett Island. I loved it and look forward to more from this talented author.

Fab Fantasy Fiction