emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

The Way Home

The Way Home - Cindy Gerard Five tree-top stars for Cindy Gerard's The Way Home, a sexy, suspenseful, and heart-rending story. I have to confess to having devoured Cindy Gerard's Black Ops and Bodyguard series and to doing a happy dance when she released the first of her One Eyed Jacks books that continued to tell the story of the characters I had fallen in friendship (if not love/lust with). Her alpha heroes, kick-ass heroines, and super suspenseful stories are real favorites of mine.

When I received her newest book, The Way Home, the second in her One Eyed Jacks series, I was prepared for something a little different having read some of the Goodreads' reviews. Yes, there is an alpha hero (actually two), a kick-ass heroine (actually two), and that actually tells it all. Because here Gerard is telling a story that was for me, difficult to read. Of a woman who loses her husband to war, finds true love, then something wonderful and at the same time heart wrenching occurs a world away.

Pull out the Kleenex box because along with action and love scenes that will smoke your e-reader, you'll be crying along with Jess as she finds love again ... and again.

At first I found it hard to understand why this was a book themed for the holiday season, but as I read through it, it was evident that once again an author was disclosing the real meaning of the holidays. True love. Love beyond self.

So, pick up your copy of The Way Home for a beautiful, five tissue (or more) novel that will leave you on the edge of your seat as well as inspiring a warm glow in your heart.

Fab Fantasy Fiction

I received a digital galley (ARC) for the publisher through NetGalley.