emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Serafina and the Leprechaun's Shoe

Serafina and the Leprechaun's Shoe - Marie Treanor Five stars for Serafina and the Leprechaun's Shoe, a hot, sexy, paranormal romp filled with ghosts, zombies, faeries, vampires, and scariest of all - hard rockers. What is the perfect Halloween read? Marie Treanor's Serafina's series without a doubt. Set in modern day Scotland and populated by psychics, witches, vampires, zombies, faeries, leprechauns, ghosts, ghosts, rockers (some of the scariest of the bunch), and more, this a fabulous series that is filled with a bit of mystery, suspense, the supernatural, humor, and a lot of hot, sexy romance. In fact, this is the perfect read for any paranormal romance fan, and I'd extend that to romance fans with a thing for sexy hunks in Scottish kilts and lovers of Scottish brogues.

Luckily for me the third book in the series, Serafina and the Leprechaun's Shoe, was just released on 29 October so I didn't have to way to find out what was next for the folks at Serafina's. This time Roxy, Genesis Adam's rocker ex-girlfriend, is in trouble as her mother disappeared during a black mass led by some hard rockers who were her slightly less than welcome house guests.

This time Jack is called upon to be the primary liaison with Roxy as he's heading home to his family's stately pile in the country, just 20 minutes from Roxy's home. Jack sees this assignment as a god send as he doesn't want to face the decision that he thinks his father may force upon him - to go into the family business and leave Serafina's for good.

Well there was more than a black mass at work and Jack's talent for research leads them to think the disappearance of Roxy's mother may be involve the Tuatha Dé Danann (also known as faeries or possibly leprechauns). For reasons of balance, known only to the Tuatha, they leave a new, unworn, and unfinished shoe if they take a human into their world. All that was left in the room after her mother disappeared when Mike, the leader of the black sabbath, lead singer of the Grimm Reapers, and Roxy's former lover conducted the satanic ritual, was a chalk drawn pentagram, some blood, and the shoe.

Once Jack begins his research it soon it is apparent that there is more than a little chemistry between Roxy and Jack, but will they act on it, or will Jack see any action on his part as a conflict of interest with a client? Will Serafina, Jilly, Melanie (their witch friend), Blair, and Jack be able to help find and return Roxy's mother? And what about those zombies?

This was actually the perfect read for this Halloween day - as I sat with a cup of tea in hand, flipping pages frantically in my Kindle to keep up with the fast-paced action. While no trick or treaters have stopped by on this cold and rainy night, I've had my treat for the week with Marie Treanor's series. I look forward to the next book in the series that will focus on Blair's friend, and fellow vampire, Phil.

You too should have a treat and read this five star series; order your e-books today from your favorite retailer. You'll fall in love with the gang from Serafina's as well as the hunky and oh, so sexy, heroes too. Hot romance, fabulous plots, humor, and great paranormal elements make this a series not to be missed.

Fab Fantasy Fiction

I received a digital galley from the publisher through NetGalley for use in this review.