emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Love Your Entity

Love Your Entity - Cat Devon Five stars for Love Your Entity, a fun and sexy must-read by Cat Devon!

I recently reviewed Cat Devon's holiday novella in her Entity Series, The Entity Who Came for Christmas and mentioned how much I was looking forward to reading book three. Well, Christmas came early this year when her publisher contacted me to offer a copy of book three, Love Your Entity. I no longer had Vamptown vamp withdrawal and was able to curl up with my favorite guys and girls, enjoy some fabulous cupcakes, and luxuriate in scented lotions and soaps. Soon you'll be able to do the same as on New Year's Eve, Love Your Entity will be released. (Suggestion: pre-order it now as it will be a little post-Christmas present for your e-Reader.)

Once again Devon has created a quirky and psychically aware heroine (the first book featured Daniella, a half-Druid cupcake baker, and the second, Zoe, a witch and herbalist). In Love Your Entity, its the turn of bestselling paranormal writer Sierra Brennan, who also sees ghosts. Yes, she's a ghost whisperer. In fact, the first time the door opens to her new home in Vamptown, she sees a lady in a corset and a naked man. But which one is the ghost?

For readers like me, luckily it's the naked man Ronan McCoy (whose quite HOT - oh, I'm overheating from the memory). Ronan is a newly returned vamp to Vamptown. He's trying to reclaim his family home after leaving home for WWI, being turned in the trenches, and remaining in servitude to a Master Vampire for 100 years. And yes, it's the same home that Sierra claims as her legacy.

Ronan has two weeks to find a key that will release his sister's soul and guarantee his freedom forever. Will Sierra triumph and evict Ronan to claim this ghost infested house? Will they learn to live together temporarily or perhaps even permanently? (Remember, I said he was HOT!)

Once again I find myself just giggling and then laughing out loud as Ronan and Sierra try to come to terms with one another. Ronan has to learn about all the 21st century gadgets she carries with her, including her precious coffee maker - as do the ghosts. I was really pleased to see how Tanya, that sexy and conniving vamp tanning shop owner evolved in this book. I'm sure you'll be laughing as hard as I did when she found her new obsession. And I'm not saying who it is!

Knowing that Cat Devon was a former librarian like Zoe, the heroine of her second book, it's really fun that Sierra is a writer of bestselling paranormal romances that seem to be as equally HOT as Devon's. I almost feel like Devon's got us peeking over her own shoulder as she describes Sierra's writing process, and as she (and someone not yet named) develop self-marketing tools so many writers now use, including signed bookmarks and plates, Facebook pages and Street Teams. (And in full disclosure, I'm a recent member of Devon's Street Team, but I promise to always give a fair and honest review for her books.)

The other aspect of this series that I absolutely adore is Vamptown itself. If I ever visit Chicago, I'm really going to look over the neighborhoods very carefully. And if I find myself amongst some really gorgeous pale guys who have a jonesing for blood instead of brew… Well, we'll see.

I haven't mentioned cover art too much in my reviews, but I have to say that whomever chooses the art for this series is absolutely spot on. The model (who I'm so glad goes home with me with each book cover) is amazingly handsome and, WOW, the color of his eyes just pops as it changes in every cover. This just proves that you CAN judge a book by it's cover!

So, would I recommend Love Your Entity? Absolutely, without question. In fact I'd suggest that if you haven't already done so that you get the entire series - Sleeping With The Entity (book 1), The Entity Within (book 2), The Entity Who Came for Christmas: A Holiday Novella (book 2.5), Love Your Entity (book 4) - and begin reading, so when book three arrives on New Year's Eve you're all caught up on Vamptown relations.

Devon has gifted her readers with an incredibly wonderful paranormal romance series that's HOT, filled with alpha heroes and highly intelligent and discerning heroines, and just overflowing with humor. I know it's one that will remain on my must-read shelf and will be re-read again and again.

Five stars for Love Your Entity, a fun and sexy must-read by Cat Devon!

Fab Fantasy Fiction

I received an eARC from the publisher through NetGalley for use in this review.