emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Last Chance Knit & Stitch

Last Chance Knit & Stitch - Hope Ramsay Four stars for Last Chance Knit and Stitch, a fun Southern read by Hope Ramsay.

If you're looking for a fun, light romance with a Southern flair, Hope Ramsay's Last Chance Knit & Stitch will fit the bill. I love reading about quirky Southern towns and their inhabitants and often imagine what it would be like to live there. Yes, the iconic image of sipping sweet tea while sitting on a porch in a glider, springs to mind. But unlike some other books I have read recently, Knit & Stitch, didn't prompt me to pack my bag and move to Last Chance. (Please note that I did not read the previous books in this series, but hope to remedy that in the future.)

I enjoyed the story and the development of the two main characters, who both seem out of place in a traditional Southern environment. But is Last Chance really that traditional? So, what if the heroine is a kick-ass mechanic who also has a talent for knitting (although she is reluctant to share that until forced to). And if the hero is an artist who might be perceived by some as less-than-masculine for his choice of professions (and that is the only reason, folks). Are they really so out-of-step with reality?

In addition, both Molly and Simon have to deal with some pretty heavy family issues. Ramsay incorporates these very real life problems into her romance and makes her characters quite real to us as more than likely we've gone through very similar situations. She accomplishes this with both a deft humor and a true sincerity so that we really "believe" in them.

Of course, they find one another, go through some angst (family and self), learn to trust, heat up some sheets, and then… well, you'll just have to read Last Chance Knit and Stitch to find out what happens. I love the secondary characters that Ramsay populates the novel with and that in itself is driving me to read the rest of the series.

So would I advise you to take a chance on Last Chance Knit and Stitch? Absolutely!

Four stars for Last Chance Knit and Stitch, a fun Southern read by Hope Ramsay.

Fab Fantasy Fiction

I received an eARC from the publisher through NetGalley for use in this review.