emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Pushing The Line

Pushing The Line - Kimberly Kincaid REVIEW: Five stars for Kimberly Kincaid's Pushing the Line, a HOT, sexy, and fun romance

This fall I had the great pleasure to receive several holiday collections and anthologies for review. One of the best parts of this, in addition to reading some great stories, was finding new authors to follow. The Sugar Cookie Sweetheart Swap by Donna Kauffman, Kate Angell, and Kimberly Kincaid is one of these treasures. After I almost literally ate up this book, I quickly searched out each their other books and series and began reading.

The first author I read was Kimberly Kincaid whose The Line Trilogy (Love on the Line/Drawing the Line/Outside the Lines ) intrigued me. I really enjoy culinary-themed romances and each book in this series featured a heroine who was a chef, cook, or restaurant manager. In addition, the heroes were strong, handsome, and oh my, unbelievably HOT (two police detectives and one physician). Kincaid easily intertwined the lives and stories of these protagonists through each of the books.

One character I wanted to know more about was Aaron, the cousin of Dr. Blake Fisher (hero of book three, Outside the Lines). Aaron Fisher was portrayed as the ne'er-do-well, black sheep of the Fisher family. Not because he was a "bad boy," but because he chose the profession of a firefighter rather than a blue chip, white collar job befitting the descendent of one of the town's leading families. Going against family expectations, neither Blake nor Aaron seemed to care about societal perception; I really came to like these two guys.

I was so happy to learn that Pushing The Line (The Line Series Book Four) features firefighter Aaron Fisher's story. He's seen his friends find partners and soul mates and now he thinks he might want to find someone to settle down with, but so far he hasn't had any luck in that quest. That is until Harper McGee, a free spirited artist and granddaughter of the town's candy maker sweeps into Brentsville, New York, after her grandmother died.

Aaron rescues Harper from a fire in the candy shop and their interchanges are so hot, I was surprised that some other buildings didn't spontaneously flame up. In a role reversal, Harper is the one who doesn't want to settle down - either in a place or in a relationship - and Aaron is the one who'll need to convince her to take a chance.

I don't want to give away the plot as you really, really have to read this novella, but you'll quickly find both of these characters drawing you into their stories. Frankly, if I were to encounter an Aaron in real life? Look out girls, he'd be mine in a shot. Really, consider meeting a nice guy who mixes a sense of adventure with a desire to have home, hearth, and family. Wow! He's definitely dream material.

Kincaid keeps the reader fascinated as there are plot twists, fabulous secondary characters, and the chance to catch up with the protagonists from the first three novellas in the series. You'll find yourself laughing out loud more times than I can tell you and when I say there is a steaming, HOT candy making scene that you will not want to miss. Believe me, you'll never look at pecan clusters the same way again! But I know you'll be craving them as did I, so am really thankful that the author included a recipe for Grandma Izzy's Pecan Clusters in Pushing The Line.

In conclusion, I'd definitely recommend that you read not only Pushing The Line, but the entire Line series if you don't already have it on your TBR shelf. I can't wait to discover what Kincaid will cook up next for the Line series.

Five stars for Kimberly' Kincaid's Pushing The Line a HOT, sexy, and fun romance - that will steam your eReader and make you reach for the Kleenex box a few times.

Fab Fantasy Fiction

In addition to purchasing a copy of Pushing the Line, I received an eARC of this book from the author for use in a fair and honest review.