emsyvanwyck21

Donna Kauffman
Dangerously Hot
Lynn Raye Harris

Taken

Taken - Lora Leigh Review: Taken is a must-have for all fans of Lora Leigh’s Tempting Navy SEALS & Elite Ops series

In my overview/review of Lora Leigh’s various and sometimes intertwined HOT romantic suspense series - Nauti Boys & Girls, Tempting SEALS, Elite Ops, The Callahans - I noted that I was really looking forward to the release this summer of Taken, a compilation of short stories that are integral to the understanding of several of her series. Well, I received a copy for review from her publisher, and, may I say, this collection has made this series reader very happy.

I don’t think I’m unique that I really like reading a series in order. Sure, I’ll pick up a book, read and fall in love with it, and then go back and read the prior books in the relevant series. But that’s not my first choice. No, I love reading series in order from the very beginning.

Leigh is a master of the short story/novella that is integral in propelling a series along. That’s why when I read her, I make sure that the various anthologies or single title novellas are in my collection. That means I’m double checking titles and reading order with FictionDB and Goodreads, not an onerous task, but imagine that with one book you wouldn't have to do that any longer for two of her series - Tempting Navy SEALS and Elite Ops. Yes, that’s right. If you’ve been missing a short story, or two, or three, it’s here. Yes, it’s in Taken and doesn’t that make your reader heart dance!

From “Reno’s Chance,” the story that sets the stage for Leigh’s Tempting Navy SEALS, to “Cooper’s Fall” and “Sheila’s Passion” that are the first titles of an affiliated series entitled, Wounded Warriors, this collection has it all. Yes, all the sexy, suspenseful stories that you were searching for are here - in this one book. The only fault I can find is that short story, “Hannah’s Luck,” (published in Men of Danger) is not included in this collection. I’m not sure why, as I don’t think I’m the only one who ever wondered what happened to the sheriff from Wild Card (Elite Ops 1).

So, if you’re a fan of Lora Leigh and don’t already have all the relevant short stories for her Elite Ops and Tempting Navy SEALS series, this is a must-have addition to your library!

Don't forget to mark your calendar for the August 24 release date of Ultimate Sins, the fourth book in Leigh's The Callahans series. Until then, you can pick up Sins in the Night: The Prologue and First Chapter to Ultimate Sins for $0.99 beginning 22 July.